Having finally found the time (and good weather) to do my proper photoshoot of my subject Meg, I thought that my project would be at the 75% mark: get the photos that I want, then it’s off to creation.
I had a whole list of photos that I wanted based on the rough scripts that I’d outlined for the different strips that I wanted. I’d purposefully written them simple and repetitive, using poses that I’ve seen Meg do before.
On the day, I brought my 50mm prime lens. They have manual focus only. I’d been predominantly using this lens for all my previous photos, including the photo project that I’d uploaded earlier.
I also have shortsightedness, and can’t take photos with my glasses on.
What I’m building towards is that, for my first photoshoot, 70% of the images were nearly unusable because they were out of focus.
Nonetheless, I did manage to get some gems. which are usable:
So the next time, I brought along my 18-55mm, and was able to use its autofocus to take many better photos.
The only issue is, I hardly managed to get any of the photos that I’d planned for, meaning that most of the scripts that I’d written are entirely un-executable.
This leaves me with a conundrum, which I think I can solve rather easily.
Most of the photos that I took are still natural poses for dogs, so now it becomes a fact of writing a script around the material that I’d procured. Perhaps this should have been my plan from the very start, which would have freed me up to many more photos during the photoshoot.
In the next few days I’ll create a mock up of one of them comics, based on the first image that I uploaded. I’ll also attempt to create it with my publishing format in mind – Tumblr and Medium – to see and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Here, have another Meg:
You must be logged in to post a comment.